Are you want to install a WordPress theme? WordPress provides dozens of themes according to needs. It is important that you select the theme according to your needs and it is necessary to install it. In this guide, we will guide with detailed and step by step instructions on how to install WordPress theme for beginners. Actually, WordPress offers three ways to install their themes. We will cover all the three different ways to install WordPress themes.
Install WordPress themes is done in below methods
- Install the theme using the search function.
- Upload themes using the upload function.
- Install WordPress theme using the FTP method.
1. Use the search function: How to install WordPress theme
Installing the WordPress themes using search function is a very easiest way for beginners.
Follow the below steps to install the WordPress theme by theme search in your WordPress admin panel.
1. First, Login to your WordPress admin panel and go to Appearance >> Themes. Click on Add New button.
2. Second, you will see a search box on the top right corner, you can type the theme name into the search box.
3. For example, I searched for Astra theme, I’ve got the result for what I’ve searched for. Click on “Install Now” button to install the theme.
Now, WordPress will download and install the theme automatically. Click the “Activate” button to activate the theme.
You have successfully installed the theme on your site. Now you configure the theme as your needs.
2. Upload the theme using an upload function: How to install WordPress theme
Usually, This method is used only for paid themes. Because the paid theme is not available in the WordPress theme directory. If you want to install a paid theme you need to come to this upload method.
1. First, Login to your WordPress admin panel and go to Appearance >> Themes. After you landed the themes page, click on Add New button at the top.
2. Second, you click on the Upload Theme button at the top.
3. On the next screen, you will be promoted choose zip file you downloaded from the marketplace. Select the zip file and click on the install now button.
4. Once your theme is installed successfully you will be redirected to a success page, Now you see a activate link and return to theme installer link.
Click on Activate link, Done you’ve installed and activated your WordPress theme successfully.
3. Upload the WordPress theme via FTP Method
If you have a problem to install WordPress theme, you can move this method. This is more advanced, so I don’t recommend this for beginners.
First, you want to know your FTP username and password. Connect your website using login credentials provided by hosting provider.
After login, FTP client software you need to go to the path /wp-content/themes/. If you are there simply upload your theme to /wp-content/themes/.
You need to Unzip the folders before upload a theme using FTP. After you upload the theme go to your WordPress admin area and click on Appearance >> Themes.
There will be a list of themes you uploaded. Activate the theme you uploaded in that list.
We believe that this step by step guide helped you to install the theme on your WordPress website. We will try to keep this tutorial up to date. Let us know if you feel something missing this tutorial.
If you have any doubt in this article, feel free to comment below.